Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Little Squaw Emma

Emma has been learning all month about the first Thanksgiving. I get a new little tidbit from her every day. One day she told me about how the Native Americans used a certain animal for so many things...I could kick myself for not writing down exactly what she said. It was something like "humpalo" or another Emma creation equally adorable. I gently said, "Ems, are you sure it wasn't a buffalo?" She thought a moment and said, "Mom, it was a buffalo." She is such a sponge right now, so full of the love of learning. I am so thankful for Mrs. Kugler, all the special area teachers, and all the other dedicated adults at our school who make it such a wonderful place for Emma to learn in spite of the growing pains we are going through this year as Trinity is bursting at its seams. I passed my little squaw and all her friends on their way to lunch yesterday...they were oh-so cute. Emma told me last night that she was sad there wasn't going to be school today. Why??? Because it's ice cream day in the cafeteria, of course, and she'd miss it! Such simple joys still exist. And I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment