Monday, August 24, 2009

One Sunday Evening...






One Sunday evening, I stood in the cul-de-sac, watching Jeff mow the lawn, Owen practice his newly-acquired skills of going in both forward and reverse on his little race car, Sophie flew by on her bike followed by Emma who will soon lose the training wheels, my comments were obliterated by the sounds of at least two mowers and a weed-whacker, an unseasonably cool breeze was blowing, and I realized not for the first time recently just how blessed I am. It pays to look around on a Sunday evening.

So...an update on Owen. We went to see Dr. Meneely this morning, and he said Owen's lungs sounded "perfect"! That's a major turn-around from 6 days ago! So surgery is on for this Thursday and we are very thankful that we can keep this schedule. Lots of prayers, Augmentin, and entertainment from Emma while Owen, Jeff, and I did the nebulizer routine. :) I will do my best to keep the blog updated with his progress.







3 comments:

  1. Our Sunday evening included watching 6 squirrels try & get into our bird feeder...love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep me updated about O's surgery. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad his surgery is a go. Great news!

    It gives me hope that S will one day have her palate repaired. We got news this week that it will be put off until Spring, at which time she'll be 4 1/2 years old. But today I'm better and she is such a trooper. She never complains about it and takes it in stride.

    Hope Thursday goes well for Owen!!!

    ReplyDelete